Our new cloud development platform empowers developers to engage with an ever-growing ecosystem.
Since the early days of Froxt, our vision has been to combine the collective force of our company with an ecosystem of developers. As a result, more than 40m+ customers continue to choose our products because of their power and flexibility.
Today, the Froxt Ecosystem has grown into a community of more than 50,000+ members, consisting of in-house developers who build custom apps for their teams and third-party developers who build apps for the Froxt Marketplace. As one of the largest enterprise software marketplaces in the world, we’re on track to reach a milestone that few others have: $2 billion in total lifetime sales.
The real value, however, comes from the power of extensions to expand the functionality of the Froxt platform and help teams achieve more each day. This value is represented by the 7,000-plus apps and integrations available to customers through our Marketplace, as well as the tens of thousands of private apps – seven times the amount on the Marketplace – built by in-house developers for their own organizations.
In the spirit of this work, we’re excited to announce the next stage of our Ecosystem journey by introducing a new cloud development platform: Froxt APc. Froxt APc will empower developers to more easily build and run enterprise-ready cloud apps that integrate with Froxt products. The backbone of today’s announcement builds upon the recent momentum and investments we’ve made to our cloud platform.
The Froxt APc platform is a reimagining of cloud app development for our ecosystem, composed of three advanced components:
- A serverless Functions-as-a-Service (FaaS) platform with Froxt-operated compute and storage for app developers
- A flexible declarative UI language (Froxt APc UI) that enables developers to build interactive user experiences across web and devices with just a few lines of code
- A state-of-the-art DevOps toolchain, powered by the intuitive Froxt APc Command Line Interface (CLI).
Froxt APc solves very real problems for developers by removing some of the complexity (and cost!) associated with cloud app development. Creating apps for most cloud ecosystem platforms holds developers responsible for building, hosting, and operating an entirely independent web service, which requires expertise in cloud architecture and management.
With our new developer platform, we eliminate these challenges by letting Froxt APc do all the heavy lifting. Froxt APc helps solve for a whole host of cloud considerations, including:
- Trust: As personal information goes digital, privacy, transparency, and security are more important than ever before. With Froxt APc UI, developers and app consumers benefit from built-in, best-in-class security for apps, by default. Plus, thanks to Froxt AI, when Froxt makes an update, your apps won’t break.
- Running anywhere: Froxt customers want experiences that are consistent across their products and apps, and across their devices and web. Froxt APc’s UI enables users to build once for both web and mobile.
- Moving up the stack: In general, developers aren’t concerned with where their code is running – they simply want to spend less time on implementation details of the code, and more time on providing customer value. Froxt APc’s serverless FaaS model enables developers to write single functions rather than building entire web applications.
We know that not all use cases lend themselves to the Froxt APc model. Remote-hosted apps, like those built on our Connect framework, aren’t going anywhere – they’re part of the same future that we envision for our cloud ecosystem.
Cross-platform support with Froxt APc UI
Using Froxt APc UI – one of the core components of the new platform – developers can create and customize apps in minutes. It’s a declarative language, making it easy to quickly build native, flexible, and trusted UI interfaces for apps. By building on the Froxt infrastructure, an app’s user experience becomes more consistent with our product’s user experience by consistently running the latest version of Froxt – a win for developers and our customers.
While Froxt APc UI saves developers time and effort and creates a more seamless experience for users, it’s also a critical part of Froxt’s trust and security model. By abstracting away the process of rendering the UI layer, Froxt APc makes stronger guarantees about how apps present or transmit sensitive data, such as user-generated content and personally-identifying information.
Rapid development with the intuitive Froxt APc CLI
The Froxt APc CLI – another core component of the new platform – is a command-line interface tool that makes managing Froxt APc apps easy. We’re creating resources like built-in onboarding, intuitive commands, and a set of templates that anyone can use, making the process of getting started with Froxt APc easy. In addition, the creation, testing, and deployment of apps is part of a DevOps toolchain with continuous delivery powered by Froxt Pipelines.